Meet Dr. McGee
Education and Experience
1971-1975 Scottsboro High School
- National Honor Society
1975-1979 University of Alabama in Birmingham
- B.S. BiologyGraduated with Honors
1979-1983 University of Alabama in Birmingham School of Dentistry
- Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Class recipient of International College of Dentists Award for Outstanding Achievement
- Recipient of Dentsply International Merit Award for Excellence in Fixed Prosthodontics (Crown and Bridge)
1983- Present - Private Family Dentistry Practice in Scottsboro, AL
Cosmetic Dentistry - Dr. McGee has focused much study in this area and is highly experienced in the diagnosis, treatment planning, clinical techniques and materials involved in cosmetic dentistry. He has performed many "Smile Makeovers."
Implant Dentistry - Dr. McGee is a credentialed member of the Academy of Implant Dentistry and holds Associate Fellow status.. That means that he has completed vigorous course requirements and passed written, clinical and oral exams of the credentialling board of the Academy. Dr. McGee has been restoring implants for nearly 20 years and is experienced in the surgical placement of implants.
Dr. McGee completed Nobel-Biocare's Mini-Residency program, a hands-on course covering treatment planning and surgical techniques involved in the placement of dental implants. Nobel-Biocare is the worlds largest manufacturer and supplier of dental implants.
Dr. McGee has also completed the American Academy of Implant Dentistry Maxi-Course in Implant Dentistry. During the Maxi-Course Dr. McGee completed 40 days and nearly 400 hours of study in this program. The course included lectures by some of the most respected clinicians and educators in implant dentistry, hands-on participation, and over 50 hours of live surgery.
Currently, Dr. McGee is in the process of completing the Comprehensive Implant Residency Program (CIRP) under the direction of Dr. Mike McCracken. Dr. McCracken is a professor at UAB School of Dentistry and is an internationally recognized educator and clinician in the placement and restoration of dental implants. CIRP is an implant training program focusing on advanced surgical techniques in implant dentistry.
Dental Mission Work - Dr. McGee enjoys volunteer mission work and has provided dental care to needy people in Nicaragua, Guatemala, Ukraine and India.
- Member of American Dental Association
- Member and Associate Fellow of American Academy of Implant Dentistry
Dr. McGee and his wife Janice have been married since 1981 and have three children and four grandchildren.
Dr. McGee enjoys:
- Riverside Community Church
- Photography (See his photos in the header.)
- General Aviation - Flies a Bellanca Super Viking
- The Glory Days:
- Running - He has completed over 16 marathons, as well as half-marathons, 10K's and 5K's.
- Triathlon - He is a three time Ironman Finisher, having completed the Great Floridian Triathlon, IM Florida, and IM Arizona