Meet Dr. McGee
Education and Experience
1971-1975 Scottsboro High School
- National Honor Society
1975-1979 University of Alabama in Birmingham
- B.S. BiologyGraduated with Honors
1979-1983 University of Alabama in Birmingham School of Dentistry
- Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Class recipient of International College of Dentists Award for Outstanding Achievement
- Recipient of Dentsply International Merit Award for Excellence in Fixed Prosthodontics (Crown and Bridge)
1983- Present - Private Practice in Scottsboro, AL
Cosmetic Dentistry - Dr. McGee has focused much study in this area and is highly experienced in the diagnosis, treatment planning, clinical techniques and materials involved in cosmetic dentistry. He has performed many "Smile Makeovers."
Implant Dentistry - Dr. McGee hold membership in the American Academy of Implant Dentistry and the International College of Oral Implantologists. He is credentialed as an Associate Fellow of the AAID and a Fellow of the ICOI. That means that he has completed rigorous course requirements and passed written, clinical and oral exams of the credentialing boards of each organization. Dr. McGee is highly experienced in the surgical placement and restoration of dental implants.
Dr. McGee completed Nobel Biocare's Mini-Residency program, a hands-on course covering treatment planning and surgical techniques involved in the placement of dental implants. Nobel Biocare is the world's largest manufacturer and supplier of dental implants.
Dr. McGee has also completed the American Academy of Implant Dentistry Maxi-Course in Implant Dentistry. During the Maxi-Course Dr. McGee completed 40 days and nearly 400 hours of study in this program. The course included lectures by some of the most respected clinicians and educators in implant dentistry, hands-on participation, and over 50 hours of live surgery.
Dr. McGee has also completed the Alabama Implant Education Course and the Comprehensive Implant Residency Program (CIRP) both under the direction of Dr. Mike McCracken. Dr. McCracken is a professor at UAB School of Dentistry and is an internationally recognized educator and clinician in implant dentistry. The courses included didactic studies and advanced implant surgical procedures on patients.
Teaching - Dr. McGee is a volunteer, part-time clinical instructor at The Foundry Dental Center. His responsibilities include seeing patients in the clinic and providing guidance to dental residents in a general practice residency program.
Dr. McGee is also founder of OnSite Implant Education and Mentoring. A program that provides dental implant education, training and mentoring services to general dentists who are beginning their journey's into implant dentistry.
Dental Mission Work - Dr. McGee enjoys volunteer mission work and has provided dental care to needy people in Nicaragua, Guatemala, Ukraine and India.
- Member of American Dental Association
- Member and Associate Fellow of American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Member and Fellow of the International College of Oral Implantologists.
Dr. McGee and his wife Janice have been married since 1981 and have three children and five grandchildren.
Dr. McGee enjoys:
- Riverside Community Church
- General Aviation - Flies a Bellanca Super Viking
- The Glory Days:
- Running - He has completed over 16 marathons, as well as half-marathons, 10K's and 5K's.
- Triathlon - He is a three time Ironman Finisher, having completed the Great Floridian Triathlon, IM Florida, and IM Arizona